Monday, February 25, 2008

Worst nurse ever.

As if laughing at my ailments wasn't enough.

I was sick yesterday. I was at my parent's house and I was sick and my mom suggested I take something for the terrible sinus headache I had. I asked her what. I said I didn't want anything that would put me to sleep seeing as it was 6pm and I still had to get back to Jersey City. She suggested I take one of her Allegra-D's. She said it wouldn't make me drowsy. I listened.

I got back to Jersey City and was feeling a little better. I put all my clean laundry away and made my bed. Got ready for work and went to sleep. An hour later, at midnight I woke up. Exhausted, but couldn't sleep. I eventually fell back asleep only to awake again a half hour later. This continued until about 6am. I seriously got no sleep last night. None.

So when I got to work this morning I called my mom. I suggested maybe she put a note on the Allegra-D bottle warning that it shouldn't be taken at night since it will keep you up. I thought this information would be a surprise to my mom.

Not even. Her response: Oh, I know. You said you wanted something that wouldn't put you to sleep. I responded that, no, I didn't want to fall asleep at 6pm but I did, however, plan on sleeping at some point last night. My mom's response?

Oh, well, then you probably shouldn't have taken the Allegra-D.

Worse. Nurse. Ever.

No comments: