Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not getting my hopes up...

Remember that guy I met on the PATH at 4am? I mentioned that I didn't give the guy my number, but I did give him my email address. I did this because in discussing running he made mention of some NY Times article he thought would be of interest to me, and also because he asked for it and I wasn't just going to say no. Now had he asked for my number that might've been another story but luckily he didn't.

Anyway, a few days pass and no word from drunk random writer guy. I'm not too disappointed as I wasn't actually interested in this guy in any way - through no fault of his own though, he wasn't bad looking or anything - but it bruised the ego a little. I couldn't help feeling rejected even if it was by someone I didn't care about or even know.

So then I'm surprised to finally get an email from this guy. No NY Times article attached of course. And a note that goes along the lines of "I think I remember you. I'm embarrassed since I was drunk and am not even entirely sure I remember who you are but if you are the girl I spoke with on the PATH last weekend and you remember me and are interested in some interesting conversation, here's my number."

and then he says this:

"But don't get your hopes up because I will be leaving the country soon."

Seriously?? Seriously!! Don't get my hopes up? I don't know you. You barely remember even meeting me. And you're telling me not to get my hopes up?

And I already thought of names for our kids. Darn.

No comments: