Friday, February 01, 2008

my name is luka.

i have a bruise the size of montana on my leg. i'm trying to come up with a good story on how it got there. the real story should cause people to think that i'm lying. that i'm hiding something. nobody could be that ridiculous. right?

i broke my finger when i was in 6th grade. i ran into a wall. seriously.

in college i walked into a door so hard i knocked my eyebrow ring out.

i spent a summer living with my brother in vermont and working for my sister-in-law in a warehouse. five weeks i spent in that warehouse. with pointy stuff and box cutters and lots of scary ladders. i made it out without a scratch. my last day in vermont i didn't go to work. i stayed home to pack. i walked into a doorway with my elbow and walked into the coffee table. my arm hurt the whole drive home and i had a bruise on my leg for weeks.

two weeks ago i spent a weekend in vermont. i went snowboarding and hiking and all sorts of 'extreme' activities that had me flailing past trees and slamming into poles and all sorts of dangerous activities. i wish i could say the massive bruise on my leg is from that. i'm going to come up with a really good story about how i snowboarded off a ramp, did a 360 and hit a tree.

the real story? i walked into the railing of the stairs.

bruise the size of montana. still. weeks later. stairs railing.

yes i think i'm okay. i walked into the door again. well if you ask that's what i'll say. it's not your business anyway.
my name is luka. i live on the second floor.

No comments: