Thursday, February 07, 2008

happy birthday to me.

some memorable february 11ths:

february 11, 1963: sylvia plath kills herself.

february 11, 1982: i'm totally born.

february 11, 1993: blizzard. birthday cancelled. mrs. smith bakes me a cake.

february 11, 1997: sleepover. my bff came late because she was too busy going to the valentine's dance with the boy i very regrettably had a crush on at the time.

february 11, 1998: joint sweet 16 with jm. regrettably danced with boy from previous birthday disaster. wore dress from delia's mrs. smith gave me.

february 11, 1999: jill took me to get my license. shockingly passed driving test. found a pair of pants (that i still own) and sweater on sale at american eagle. had lunch at applebee's. purchased the caddy. took ken, meg, and d for a ride to birch hill and back. received the original fizz tape along with tickets to see love of my life billy joel from my best-y.

february 11, 2000: hung out with strange assortment of parkway girls and jm's friends. after everyone left drove with jm and jean bean to the beach. realized it was february. purchased losing lottery ticket. drove home.

february 11, 2001: february 1st, my uncle pete passes away. ken, meg, and d visit me at m-mount. take disgusting test tube shots in my dorm room. get a ride with immaculate sue's stoned friend to the metro. go to some club in dc. spend the majority of the month of february avoiding ken (married ken, not bff ken) who attempts to woo me by taking my roommate out and giving me a box of poptarts for valentine's day. spend prez weekend in b-more to see rent with assorted people i don't really remember being friends with.

february 11, 2003: it was a tuesday. i turned 21. had two exams and a paper due. met helen thomas. took a shot with married sketchy jacon. drank booze in my dorm room with all my underage friends.

february 11, 2005: got a tattoo.

february 11, 2006: best birthday.

february 11, 2007: jacqui's valentine's day party with ken, don, and ben. took my first ever journey shot.

No comments: