Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lists of Lists

I like to make lists?

Do you like to make lists?

Who doesn't like to make lists?

No one I know, that's who.

Last night, while watching Kimya Dawson play at Sound Fix, I was chatting with Rebecca over lists. We were discussing the difficulties of listing out all concerts ever attended. I attempted this once a few weeks ago. I think my total tally was somewhere near 70 - maybe I'll post it here some day. When I started the list I tried to include dates and the people I attended each show with. This proved futile as dates started out as February 20th?, 1999 to February?, '99 to winter of '99, to '99??? so I eventually gave up. I gave up on trying to include attendants as well since it was pretty much always a different combination of: Kendall, Anthony, Jill, and Katie and I could rarely remember which combination.

Rebecca told me how she recently made a list of all the boys she's ever kissed. I decided to try that today. My list fell sadly short and I have decided that I clearly need to make out more. Any takers?

**I would like to point out here that I did not include the kid that worked at the bowling alley whom I still maintain I did not make out with 8 years ago in the hot tub despite everyone claiming I did (I still have the scar from where I fell out the window avoiding trying to make out with him on my arm to prove it!) even though adding him would help me look slightly less pathetic. That's how committed I am to getting the truth out there.**

Also, Rebecca was quite pleased to be able to remember first and last names for almost all on her list. And even on my pathetically short list I have a lot of "blank's friend" and "that guy from that bar" and "that guy from that one Rutgers frat" and "that guy from that other Rutger's frat." One would think that since I have such a short list it would mean maybe I had some standards or something. Yeah, guess not.

I am now working on a list of all of my big-time crushes. There's a lot. I'm sure there's tons I'm forgetting. If you can think of one, please remind me. I'm actually finding this list quite fun. Particularly realizing what poor taste I had back in the day (no offense to Donny, and of course my continuing crush on the immaculate Logan Powell not withstanding of course).

Any suggestions for other lists I can make??

No comments: