Monday, March 10, 2008

someone should have told me...

about spring skiing.

i've been trying to plan one last trip up to vermont for some snowboarding before it gets too warm out. my sister wanted to go but we couldn't find a weekend that worked for both of us so we gave up. then i get an email from my brother telling me i should just come up on my own and that it would have to be in the next four weeks for them to be there and the mountain to still be open. turns out i'm free the last weekend of march so i start looking into the possibilty. i call my brother tonight to discuss plane vs. train dilemma and i inquire if it would still be cold enough for boarding and he says it would be spring skiing and i ask what's that.

this is the description he gave: basically it's 50 or 60 degress and you're boarding in a long-sleeve t-shirt and the snow is pretty soft and you're getting a tan as you're boarding.



and i'm wondering why no one has ever told me about this spring skiing thing and why i'm wasting my time being up there in january in negative 40 weather freezing my ass off and being miserable and falling on ice when i could've just waited for spring skiing. dude best idea ever!

so now the plane vs. train dilemma. either way i'm missing the same amount of time at work.

train is a little under $100. pros: penn station is super easy to get to. it's cheaper. probably a pretty cool trip - scenery-wise. good for the environment cons: 16-hour trip to be up there for one night.

i found a flight for $145 pros: much more time in vermont. cons: la guardia is annoying as hell to get to and pretty much the worst in the nation in terms of delays and canceled flights and such. slightly more expensive.

i hate making decisions. make it for me?

No comments: