Monday, March 10, 2008

redecorating.

i like to redecorate my apartment. in my mind. i like to create these really awesome spaces that don't actually exist. in reality when my friend first saw my room in my new apartment she remarked that it looked exactly like my room at my parent's, just moved 45 miles north. and in reality i don't have much control over the interior decoration of a lot of the rooms in my apartment since i share it with two other girls. so i redecorate it in my mind. i fill all the rooms of my apartment with wicked cool environmentally-conscious hand-made furniture that i could never afford or fit in my tiny apartment. i even redecorate the views from my windows in my apartment. instead of looking out onto a highway i can see the nyc skyline (except from the opposite direction of what i could see now if i could see the skyline from my window because in my mind i live in brooklyn) or palm trees and bridges (cuz sometimes in my mind i live in venice beach).

also in my mind. i'd totally decorate my kitchen around this silk-screen poster over at the small stakes:



wouldn't you want to live inside my head?

No comments: