Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A little late to the party

I've been trying to bust out of my blogging rut for a while. Today I stumbled upon Magchunk, Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle, and You Are My Fave's Blog Music Party Week and figured that's just what I needed to get back to blogging regularly again. I've missed two days but will get to Monday's and Tuesday's topics eventually. In addition to being just the motivation I need to blog again, it's also an awesome way to stumble upon more really nifty blogs by checking out who else is in on the party. So enjoy my selections and then check out the rest of the party people. Oh and if you have a blog, come join the party!

Today's Blog Music Party topic is favorite songs from/used in movies. I went a little crazy. There's lots. Hope you enjoy! Comment if you disagree with any of my obviously awesome choices or think I forgot anything.

Invisible Circus "Hot Rod Lincoln"
I was briefly obsessed with this movie. This scene was one of my favorite.


A Lot Like Love "If you leave me now"
This move is totally underrated. I kind of hate Ashton Kutcher but he is so likable in this. And Amanda Peet is just awesome in everything she does.



Dirty Dancing "Time of My Life"
Upon recent viewing I'm absolutely loving the scenes with Baby's parents. First of all, RIP Jerry Orbach, he was an amazing actor. Second, I love when he jumps out of his seat after Johnny jumps off the stage. Hilarious! Thirdly, it is so very rad that Emily Gilmore was Baby's mom. Lady got moves. Lastly, when Johnny sings along and wrinkles up his nose as he dances with Baby (approx 4:12) = love.


Reality Bites "My Sharona"
Makes me want to chop off my hair. I can't watch this movie. Totally brilliant.



Almost Famous "Tiny Dancer"
Of course.


Breakfast at Tiffany's "Moon River"
Of course.


Garden State "New Slang"This was amazing once so it makes the list. Plus, Natalie Portman = love.


10 Things I Hate About You "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" This is sad now.


The Breakfast Club "We are not alone" Less for the song, more for the dancing.


Ferris Bueller's Day Off "Twist and Shout"Just pure awesomeness.


Rent "Seasons of Love"I can't lie. I used to be a Rent-head and I seriously shed a tear when I first saw this opening scene in the theater.


Empire Records "If You Want Blood" Honorable mentions: "Sugar High," "Say No More Mon Amour," closing scene dancing on the roof to "This is the Day," AJ and Corey making out to "'Til I Hear it From You"




Pippi Longstocking "Theme"Memories.


Elizabethtown - various songs This is from the scene after Orlando Bloom gets his "very special map" and listens to the mix tapes Kirsten Dunst has made. The below clip is a part of this scene. It's also dubbed over. It's all kind of hilarious.


Newsies "King of New York" Awesome. Also, Christian Bale = yum


I couldn't find clips for these but they should be included Say Anything "In Your Eyes" - iconic boombox scene; Igby Goes Down "The Weight" - with visual of Igby on the airplane at end of movie; Love Actually "Both Sides Now" - when Emma Thompson's character listens it to it after finding out Sirius Snape gave the necklace to some other chick. that scene gets me every time.

On a semi-related note, in trying to find clips on YouTube I stumbled upon my absolute favorite childhood movie "Wrinkles in Need of Cuddles." The entire movie is on YouTube. Below is the first third of the movie. I didn't include it with the above list because I couldn't pick one song out of all of this awesomeness. Seriously.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi there! Thanks for joining the party and for such a sweet write up about it. I am so happy to have helped you out of your blogging rut. Tons of great choices you made here. The song from Rent is amazing, I can't believe I didn't think of that one! I am now going to be singing that song in my head for days.

You Are My Fave said...

Oh my gosh! I love all these picks. I can't believe I forgot about My Sharona and all of the music from Newsies. Christian Bale (before his whole swearing a chunk load) was my fave.

The City Sage said...

Um---dancing scene in The Breakfast Club = best musical montage EVER!

I so want to be Molly Ringwald from that sequence...